Our Terms & Conditions
- A minimum deposit of 50% of the total invoice value (non-refundable) is required to reserve the cars and the date of your wedding. The balance is payable 4 weeks prior to the wedding date. Please, make cheques payable to "Grosvenor Classic Cars" and send them and any correspondence to: Grosvenor Classic Cars, Littleton Hall, Littleton Lane, Chester CH3 7DJ. Should payment not be received 4 weeks before the wedding. We reserve the right to cancel the booking.
- The booking is accepted between the times agreed, which can be confirmed by post or email. Although we are flexible, excessive delays caused by the client or their guests may result in an excess charge.
- The Client is responsible for the conduct of their guests at all times. “Grosvenor Classic Cars” may invoice the client for any damage to the vehicle caused by the client or their guests.
- The driver may refuse to transport passengers who in his opinion are unfit to travel.
- For the consideration of other clients, passengers are instructed not to smoke in the vehicle.
- In the unlikely event that we are unable to complete the booking for reasons beyond our control, an alternative vehicle will be offered or a full refund given. Beyond this “Grosvenor Classic Cars” will not be liable.
- Although we make every effort to meet any deadlines, “Grosvenor Classic Cars” accept no responsibility for any delays, out of our control, howsoever caused.
- Although we take every care, “Grosvenor Classic Cars” accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to clothing, luggage or personal property.
Our Data Protection Statement
Your personal data is safe with us. We will only use any personal information you provide to us in order to communicate with you about your booking or for invoicing purposes. We would never forward your personal details to third parties. Your personal data will be retained for a period of no more that 1 year following the date of your wedding, at which time all personal data will be deleted. If you require us to delete it at some other point in time, please email email@example.com with your request. The exception being the documentation that HMRC requires us to keep for a minimum of 6 years following our annual tax return. That documentation will be encrypted and password protected following our tax return and only re-opened at the request of HMRC. Once the six years has expired, all information will then be destroyed. Other than us no other party will have access to any of your data with the exception of our accountants who will be able to access only that which they need to complete our annual tax return to HMRC.